Historical development of positive psychology and its applications to the practice of wellness, health, and peak performance. Topics include self-esteem, relationship building, happiness, and mindfulness.
- Discuss the history of positive psychology and its place in the field of wellness and peak performance.
- Discuss what is meant by self-esteem and apply current research to the ways in which humans can develop appropriate self-esteem.
- Discuss the importance of mindset and mindfulness.
- Discuss the concept of change from the perspective of positive psychology.
- Discuss how positive psychology can be used in building personal, professional, social, and romantic relationships.
- Apply the concepts of positive psychology to a practice of mindfulness.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences