This course examines the application of psychological theories and research to sports and exercise behaviors. Case studies from a variety of sports will be explored to develop a set of psychological skills that can be applied across sports.
- Describe the major psychological theories used in sport psychology to explain athletic performance.
- Analyze current theory and research surrounding coach-athlete relationships, motivation, and applied intervention strategies
- Discuss how psychological factors influence performance in sports, and techniques to increase performance and reduce anxiety.
- Discuss how psychological tendencies and physiology work together to improve or reduce athletic efficiency.
- Evaluate the connection between sport psychology theory and research and applied intervention strategies for performance enhancement.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences