This course looks at the role of wellness and peak performance in athletic performance. Topics include fitness, physiology, weight management, stress management, personality, self-esteem, and motivation.
- Discuss the role of physiology, exercise, and stress in peak performance.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concept of wellness, including the role of motivation, physical health, mental health, and self-esteem.
- Discuss the role of personality in athletic performance.
- Design and implement a personal wellness plan including fitness, nutrition, and stress management.
- Develop a set of measurable goals to reach an athletic standard or achievement.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences