Culture and Sport Psychology
This course looks at the importance of culture on the development of sports, performance, and sport psychology. Research and case studies will be used to study the importance of integrating a multicultural perspective when working with athletes.
- Discuss the relevance of understanding culture when working with athletes.
- Discuss current research on the impact of religion, gender, disability, culture, and social structure on coaching and athletic performance.
- Discuss strategies for working with athletes from a variety of cultures.
- Discuss current theories regarding race, ethnic groups, and the strategies for increasing multicultural competency
- Apply culturally sensitive practices to a case scenario working with athletes from diverse populations.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences