Sem Applied Sport Psychology
An advanced course in the application of psychological theories and research to sports and exercise behaviors. The seminar will focus upon skills in assessment, interviewing, case formulation, and interventions with athletes.
- Apply major psychological theories used in sport psychology to ehnance athletic performance.
- Evaluate the progression of both the discipline and practice of sport, exercise, and performance psychology with respect to competency, national standards, and ongoing professional development.
- Apply knowledge obtained through theory and current research to common situations experienced by a coach, athletic trainer, or sport psychologist.
- Integrate assessment data and interview data, including all relevant cultural/contextual data, into a case formulation.
- Develop appropriate performance enhancement interventions using scientifically supported strategies and techniques
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences