Covers the history, current status and future direction of cultural psychology theory and practice in the context of globalization. A critique of the Western bias of the field of psychology and of the effects of its application to non-European originated populations within the United States and around the world.
- Describe history, explain current research foci and discuss future developments of cultural psychology as a new discipline
- Evaluate critically and defend one’s own position the appropriateness and consequences of generalizing to all cultures mainstream psychological thought, research and practice to global populations.
- Cite and evaluate key research that demonstrates differences and similarities in cognitive-affective diversity in the structure of identity and human relationships across diverse cultures
- Link global events and phenomena to psycho-social and socio-cultural realities of diverse populations.
- Critically reflect upon the relationship between their own received psychology and psychological frames from other cultural groups
- Effectively use Internet and library resources to gather reliable information on how psychology is being applied in policy-making internationally.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences