Intro to Psychopathology
An overview of sociocultural views and scientific theories of normalcy and deviance. The major psychological, cognitive, and behavioral disorders and their classification are examined.
- Trace historical developments in the understanding and treatment of abnormal behavior.
- Describe major theories of abnormal behavior, emotion and cognition.
- Summarize and give examples of current diagnostic systems.
- Describe the major personality disorders.
- Describe the major disorders of mood and anxiety.
- Summarize disorders of eating, substance abuse, sexual functioning and gender identity.
- Compare and contrast cognitive and psychotic disorders.
- Describe the fundamental concepts of civil and criminal commitment, competence to stand trial, and the protection of patients’ rights.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences