A study of the major transitions from fetal development through death in the physical, cognitive, social and emotional domains. The impact of ethnic, gender and cultural factors on development will be examined.
- Identify the major issues, tasks and milestones of human development, such as physical, cognitive, social and emotional development throughout the lifespan.
- Evaluate core concepts, strengths, and weaknesses of the major theories of lifespan development.
- Evaluate how ethnicity, culture, class, and gender influence lifespan development.
- Explain the impact of biological/genetic influences on physical growth, cognition and behavior.
- Assess how current research supports and critiques the major theories of development.
Why Choose National University?
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.