Students will learn the major principles underlying the acquisition of motor skill and how control of skilled movements is gained, maintained, and adapted. This course covers the various way that people learn to move, learn skilled actions, and how the principles of motor performance and learning can be useful in teaching, coaching, and rehabilitation.
- Describe the stages associated with motor skill acquisition
- Describe how attentional processes and anxiety can influence motor skill acquisition
- Explain the different types of feedback and which is best to learn motor skills
- Describe how memory impacts learning and apply this knowledge to instructional techniques
- Describe the best ways to practice a motor skill
- Apply appropriate motivational techniques to learners
- Create effective learning environments
- Evaluate the progression of skill acquisition
Students are expected to attend all class sessions, actively participate in class activities and discussions, complete examinations as scheduled, and to turn in all assignments on time. Students are also expected to read all assigned material prior to the class session in which the material is presented and be prepared to contribute to discussion and dialogue.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences