This class will survey the major concepts on coaching, instruction, and player development. Topics will range from exploring the philosophy of teaching, on course management, how fitness relates to the golf performance, applied sport psychology, and the use of technology to improve teaching and performance.
- Apply basic concepts of coaching, such as motivation, planning, player development, and burnout.
- Discuss special populations, diversity, and the need for sensitivity and training when working with clients from diverse backgrounds and physical capabilities.
- Apply ethical standards to the practices of coaching and player development. Discuss the different types of the golf swing and which type of swing will benefit individual students.
- Analyze various philosophies to coaching and discuss appropriate and diverse learning styles.
- Design and develop a coaching or player development program.
- Evaluate a coaching philosophy, system, or player development program.
- Articulate a philosophy and approach to teaching.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences