A seminar in the principles of facility planning, operations, and management. Analysis and discussion of basic accounting theory and the application of accounting principles. The use of ethical business planning in the creation of a facility mission and the techniques and methods to develop financial forecasts and budgets will be discussed. Effective business practices and their differences in private, semi-private, and municipal facilities will be explored.
- Discuss the elements and value of organizational charts, job descriptions, and performance reviews in a public, semi-private, private, municipal, or resort facility.
- Prepare and evaluate financial forecasts and budgets for a in a public, semi-private, private, municipal, or resort facility.
- Describe and explain the purpose of a balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows in the operations of a public, semi-private, private, municipal, or resort facility.
- Prepare from an adjusted trial balance from the following financial statements and compare and contrast their importance in the profitability of a golf facility: income statement, statement of retained earnings and balance sheet.
- Explain what is meant by the term ‘depreciation’ in the context of accounting and how it affects the profitability and balance sheet of a golf facility.
- Compare and contrast ‘accrual basis’ accounting and ‘cash basis’ accounting in a golf facility.
- Analyze the financial statements of a public, semi-private, private, municipal, or resort facility using common financial statement ratios, and state conclusions about the facility’s liquidity, solvency, and profitability.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences