An advanced seminar into the instruction and development of intermediate and advanced players. Player development theory: the application of player development principles in teaching, and the mental aspects of the game of golf will be discussed.
- Describe the eight crucial personality traits that distinguish true champion golfers.
- Explore the crucial elements of their own personality using personality inventories and psychological principles.
- Analyze, record, and compare their own personality traits and measure them against the traits of champion golfers.
- Discuss the purpose and importance of focus and concentration to success on the golf course.
- Explain what is meant by the term “abstract thinking” and how that relates to overcoming obstacles encountered in a round of golf.
- Explain the meaning of “emotional stability” and “tough mindedness” and how these traits help champion golfers succeed.
- Explain the meaning of “dominance and competitiveness” as it relates to a theory of competitive mindset.
- Apply the mental traits of “tough mindedness,” “self-assurance” and “self-sufficiency” to their own golf game.
- Analyze what is meant by the terms “optimum arousal” and “managed tension” as personality components of the competitive golfer.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences