Merchandising Invent Mgmt
A survey of basic accounting, marketing, and inventory management theory. The course includes an analysis of an open-to-buy plan, the value of inventory management systems, successful marketing and pricing strategies, and the importance of merchandising benchmarks to evaluate financial performance.
- Describe and explain the value of merchandising and inventory management systems.
- Design an open-to-buy plan for a business.
- Critically evaluate marketing and pricing strategies.
- Discuss the importance of ordering and receiving procedures.
- Evaluate Point of Service systems and other software and technology to assist with inventory management.
- Evaluate the importance of cost of good sold, gross margin, inventory turnover rate, merchandise dollars per round, and gross margin return on investment.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences