Principles of sports marketing and the application of these principles to sports related organizations. The primary focus is on planning, with additional emphasis on promotions management.
- Apply the fundamental terms and concepts of marketing to the golf industry.
- Demonstrate an understanding of typical products, consumers, and sponsorships in golf and the larger sporting industry.
- Develop a strategic marketing plan for a golf facility or tournament.
- Apply research methodologies to sports marketing efforts specific to the golf industry.
- Evaluate specific golf related marketing plans, especially in the areas of licensing, sponsorship and branding.
- Evaluate the role of electronic media in the marketing of sports and sport related products and apply these to typical situations experienced by marketers in the golf industry.
- Establish effective communications between the golf industry and the media.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences