An exploration into the operational development of tournaments and the rules of golf, planning and operations of tournaments, including budget, purpose, staff, facility, function, format, players, tickets, marketing, golf course preparation, prizes, media coverage, evaluation, and other logistical concerns. The history of the rules of golf and their application in tournaments and regulation play will be introduced and applied.
- Plan the format, size and eligibility requirements given the purpose of a golf tournament
- Coordinate approval and support for a tournament plan.
- Organize and train a tournament staff.
- Develop a tournament plan.
- Discuss how to prepare a golf course for tournament play.
- Evaluate successes and failures to improve future tournaments.
- Create a tournament checklist that includes all elements required from a tournament’s early-planning to concluding assessment.
- Discuss the history of the rules of golf and the process by which rules are made and changed.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the USGA’s The Rules of Golf and the Definitions and Appendices in the USGA’s The Rules of Golf.
- Apply the Rules of Golf to a tournament situation.
- Determine the best approach to take in using the rule book to render a ruling.
- Work collaboratively with rules committees and committees in charge of competitions
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences