A survey of the principles of facility planning and operations. Analysis and discussion of the steps involved in the creation of a facility mission and the techniques and methods to develop financial forecasts and budgets will be discussed. Effective business practices and their differences in private, semi-private, and municipal facilities will be explored.
- Discuss the value of business planning and the facility mission statement.
- Analyze and discuss the steps involved in the creation of a policies and procedures manual.
- Discuss the value of operational policies and procedures and be able to apply these to a facility’s mission statement and business objectives.
- Discuss the elements and value of organizational charts, job descriptions, and performance reviews.
- Prepare and evaluate financial forecasts and budgets.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences