An examination of the adult stages of human biological, psychological and social development. Discusses classical as well as contemporary theories.
- Develop an understanding of aging in the U.S and how this affects society as a whole.
- Identify the biological, psychological and social developmental terms and concepts related to human development.
- Research, analyze, and describe, in written reports, how and why the theories and processes are pertinent in a personal or workplace setting.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the primary concepts and terms introduced in the class and the text.
- Apply theories of aging to analyze case studies.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences