Issues in Sexuality
Issues in Sexuality
An examination of the personal, interpersonal and social dimensions of human sexuality. Covers topics such as anatomy and physiology of human sexuality, contemporary American sexual behavior, sexual myths, sex-role socialization, sexual dysfunctions and sexual-social issues.
- Compare and contrast strengths and weaknesses of sexuality research methodologies
- Describe normative and atypical sexual development and behavior across the life cycle.
- Articulate their own and others’ views on a range of controversial sociosexual issues, using empirically-based arguments.
- Describe and recognize symptoms of common sexually transmitted infections and sexual dysfunctions. Outline risk reduction and treatment modalities.
- Describe relevant influences on their own sexual scripts, decision making, and behavior (e.g., personality traits, family history, peer relationships, couple relationships, religion, culture, media), and state their own values.
- Know how to access resources for comprehensive, objective information and professional help when faced with problems involving sexuality.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences