A study of the application of human behavior and behavioral science principles to the practice of management.
- Define and differentiate between the characteristics of the behavioral science discipline and the psychology discipline.
- Describe the major concepts and events that have impacted the evolution of the American workplace.
- Describe the construct and the application(s) of major theories of workplace behavior, including those of Taylor, the Hawthorne Experiments, Maslow, Hertzberg, McGregor, Blake and Mouton, Hersey and Blanchard, etc.
- Research, analyze and describe, in a written/oral report, a workplace situation and how/why some of the theories examined are relevant; including reference to at least six articles from current (within the past five years) periodicals.
- Describe the behavioral roles, problems, constraints and options relevant to recent and predicted changes in the workplace, including international cultural issues and the impact of technology.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences