First course of two-course sequence providing an interdisciplinary forum for exploring current issues in aging and culminating in a project that addresses a specific challenge or opportunity facing older adults and their communities. Topic areas will reflect the background and interests of students in the program.
- Identify a specific need for a project that addresses a challenge or opportunity facing older adults and their communities
- Specify key milestones and a timeline for execution and completion of research and project activities
- Integrate appropriate theoretical concepts and/or models in developing the rationale for the project
- Identify appropriate resources and sources of data for the project
- Organize and critically review the literature presented to provide the rationale for the project
- Identify and address socio-cultural and ethical issues and context relevant to the project in an informed and sensitive manner
- Prepare and submit an application to the IRB, if required, for approval of the project
- Participate critically and productively in peer discussions of the development of individual projects
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences