Physiology of Development and Aging examines the lifespan physiology of human development, growth, and aging; major emphasis on the physiology of the later years and implications for health maintenance and longevity.
- Incorporate current theory and relevant research findings in addressing specific topics in age-related changes in the body’s systems (PLO 2, 7)
- Explain how intrinsic and extrinsic factors affect the rate of aging of persons and organ systems (PLO 1, 2)
- Identify the psychological and social implications for older adults of the physical changes in the aging body (PLO 1, 2, 4)
- Develop recommendations, grounded in theories of behavior change, for screening for and/or preventing illness and chronic disease in older adults (PLO 2, 3)
- Design strengths-based plans to increase health promotion and health maintenance activities for older adults with and without chronic diseases and disabilities (PLO 2, 3, 5)
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences