Public Policy, Politics, and Aging reviews major legislation and programs impacting older adults, including the analysis of current legal and regulatory issues and examination of policy-making and political processes affecting development and implementation of aging services. Learners will compare United States aging policies to those of other countries and develop resources for effectively advocating for policy changes.
- Situate proposals for improving the health and well-being of older adults in national and international aging social policy frameworks (PLO 1)
- Compare and contrast specific United States aging social policies with those of other countries, including policies for retirement income, employment, housing, health care, mental health, community support, and family caregiving (PLO 1, 3, 6)
- Evaluate proposals for changes to aging social policy for their impact on the everyday lives of older adults (PLO 1, 3, 6)
- Deliberate about the criteria that should be used to grant access to aging social programs (PLO 1)
- Develop a plan for advocating for change in a social policy affecting the well-being of older adults (PLO 1, 3, 5, 6)
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences