Individual study of a selected topic or content area under the guidance of the instructor.
- To be determined by instructor based on topic or content area covered.
- Develop a research question pertaining to a current issue in substance abuse, prevention, or treatment.
- Conduct a literature review pertaining to the chosen topic
- Discuss biological, physiological, sociological, and psychological aspects of the chosen topic as applied to individuals, families, and communities.
- Integrate the sum of the student’s learning of alcohol and substance abuse theory and practice as related to the chosen topic
- Analyze and make recommendations concerning the chosen topic
- Demonstrate the ability to use online resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments
- Present a grammatically correct, written, final project.
- Prepare and present a 10-12 minute presentation demonstrating the student’s final project and skills in oral presentation.
To be determined by instructor based on topic or content area covered.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences