Personal & Professional Growth
This course examines two inter-related concepts of counseling: personal awareness and growth with professional growth. This course is designed to assist students to begin the process of becoming aware of their personal issues and how those may impact their work with clients.
- Identify and examine personal strengths and limitations related to becoming a counselor.
- Identify and examine potential counter-transference issues.
- Identify and discuss the needs of the recovering counselor.
- Describe requirements and resources for continued professional growth to include areas regarding consultation, scope of practice, and continuing education
- Identify the signs, symptoms, and early warning signs of counselor burnout.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences