Chemical Dependency Treatment Management
The 12 Core Functions related to the assessment and management of client progress while in chemical dependency treatment are covered. Skills related to intake assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning and developing effective referrals will be taught and practiced. Concepts related to psychoeducation, special populations, prevention, and community outreach will be discussed.
- Identify and discuss the 12 core functions of chemical dependency case management and counseling.
- Demonstrate intake assessment skills.
- Discuss the diagnostic criteria for all Substance Related Disorders in the DSM-IV-TR.
- Develop treatment plans based on intake assessment and diagnosis.
- Discuss methods of finding appropriate referral sources for clients.
- Discuss methods of psychoeducation, prevention, and community outreach as they apply to chemical dependency.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences