Calculus-based physics course. Intended for Science majors and Engineering students. Study of different types of oscillations and wave motion, electrostatics with electric field calculations for continuous charge distribution, Gauss’s law, electric potential due to any charge distribution, electric energy storage with applications, electric currents and resistance, magnetism and magnetic field, electromagnetic induction and transmission of power, DC and AC circuits, Maxwell’s equations and electromagnetic waves.
- Explain wave propagation using knowledge of oscillations.
- Explain the behavior of charged particles with different distributions.
- Develop necessary skills to calculate electric circuits with any type of connections of resistors and batteries and for RC and LC circuits.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the laws describing magnetic fields in magnetic materials including hysteresis.
- Apply Faraday’s law of induction to explain the production of electric current.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of Maxwell’s equations.
- Develop critical thinking explaining the behavior of electromagnetic waves and their speed from Maxwell’s equations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of fundamental physical laws through interpretation of everyday phenomena.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences