Calculus-based physics course. Intended for Science majors and Engineering students. Study of one, two and three-dimensional kinematics including integral calculus, graphical analysis, numerical integration and vector kinematic, dynamics, uniform and non-uniform circular motion, gravitation, and Newton’s synthesis, work and energy with vector algebra principles, linear momentum, rotational motion, statics including elasticity and fracture.
- Explain one, two and three-dimensional motion.
- Apply vector analysis and integral calculus to solve problems in kinematics and dynamics.
- Describe kinematics and dynamics of uniform and non-uniform circular motion including velocity-dependent forces.
- Explain the meaning of gravitational field and energetic processes in Physics.
- Describe the nature of different types of collisions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of rotational dynamics.
- Explain conditions for equilibrium, stability and balance in different physical situations.
- Apply critical analytical skills to evaluate physical phenomena and their effects; develop clarity of definition, consistency of logic and adequacy of evidence.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences