Non-calculus based general physics course intended for Science majors. Extended study of magnetism, electromagnetic induction and waves, optics, relativity, quantum physics, nuclear reactions and elementary particles.
- Apply principles and laws of geometric and wave optics to explain physical phenomena and solve problems.
- Explain electromagnetic phenomena and their importance in human life.
- Define basic principles of relativity and their influence on major laws of Physics.
- Describe the most important principles of quantum physics, nuclear physics and physics of elementary particles.
- Interpret fundamental principles and major laws of Physics using the concept of scientific method.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences