Non-calculus based general physics course for earth and life science majors. Laboratory experiments/exercises, including data analysis on topics, including but not limited to: electricity, magnetism, light (optics) and nuclear physics.
- Set up an experiment in obtaining a uniform motion and apply the equation of uniform motion.
- Measure the acceleration due to gravity by analyzing the non-uniform motion of a freely falling object.
- Examine a projectile motion.
- Determine how to predict whether a given solid body will float or sink in a given fluid.
- Construct a complete electrical circuit.
- Investigate the basic principle of reflection and refraction.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences