Analyze secondary school mathematics curriculum development from a historical perspective and discuss past influences on current methodology. Distinguish current curriculum trends and design alternatives. Evaluate contemporary curriculum by assessing an existing text or program. Explores the current state and various facets of the changing mathematics curriculum, instruction, and assessment, looking at the national standards from the past and exploring directions and practical strategies for the future.
- Analyze mathematics curriculum from a historical perspective to get direction for the future.
- Evaluate contemporary curriculum by assessing an existing text or program.
- Distinguish current curriculum trends and design alternatives.
- Employ research-based processes for designing meaningful and motivating curriculum.
- Adapt curricula and instructional strategies to meet the diverse and changing needs and learning preferences of students.
- Develop plans for utilizing technology in the mathematics classroom.
- Design assessment for all students including those with special needs.
- Evaluate student learning through effective and engaging assessment.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences