Theory and practices of statistical analysis and inference with emphasis on analyzing and solving real problems using statistics. Descriptive statistics, topics from probability, sampling distributions, estimation, hypotheses testing, regression, correlation, nonparametric techniques and analysis of variance, and computer programming incorporated throughout.
- Turn data into information.
- Collect and use sample data.
- Design a good experiment and observational study.
- Evaluate complicated probabilities.
- Evaluate sampling distribution.
- Employ confidence intervals to guide decisions.
- Test hypotheses and evaluate significance in research reports.
- Sample and use the population regression models.
- Perform computer simulation for analysis of variance.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences