Topics include real and complex number systems, elements of point-set topology of Euclidean space, numerical sequences and series, continuity and differentiability for functions of one and several variables. The Riemann-Stieltjes integral as a generalization of the Riemann integral, sequences and series of functions, and Fourier series will be studied as well.
- Evaluate ordered sets, real and complex fields
- Apply main concepts of metric spaces and their topology to concrete problems
- Interpret the connectedness, compactness and Weierstrass theorem
- Evaluate the Cauchy sequences, completeness of real numbers, convergence and absolute convergence of series
- Interpret concepts of limits, continuity of functions in metric spaces, and their properties, differentiation and integration
- Interpret uniform convergence of functions and Stone-Weierstrass theorem
- Evaluate the use of special functions
- Elaborate the Contraction Mapping Theorem, The Inverse Function and the Implicit Function Theorems.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences