Provides students with a deeper understanding of algebraic foundations of the real number system and its generalizations, covers the algebraic and topological properties of the real number system and several of its subfields and subrings.
- Extend main arithmetic properties to commutative rings.
- Evaluate main properties of Euclidian rings.
- Investigate irreducible polynomials.
- Investigate arithmetic functions and solve congruences.
- Prove main properties of the real number system.
- Analyze main concepts of natural number system and its construction including Peano Axsioms.
- Construct the ring of integers and describe its main properties.
- Construct the rational and real number systems.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences