An examination of statistical applications to business, computer science, psychology, education, social sciences, and mathematics with fundamental concepts of probability distribution, mathematical models relating independent and dependent random variables, hypothesis testing and experimental design. Includes fundamental analysis of variance, various distributions and methods of regression, analysis and scaling.
- Analyze the characteristics of distributions including central tendency and dispersion.
- Define probability, probability distributions, random variables, and expectation of events.
- Choose between and use binomial distribution, Poisson processes, normal distribution.
- Compute and utilize probability densities, the gamma distribution, the beta distribution, the Weibull distribution.
- Recognize sampling distribution and statistical inference.
- Determine rejection of outliers, distribution of extremes.
- Apply the method of least squares to linear regression.
- Demonstrate knowledge of P-values and hypothesis test.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences