Technology in Math Education
Computer Technology in the Mathematics Classroom An overview of the computer-based technology in the mathematics classroom. Evaluates graphing calculators, and computer software such as Maple, Scientific Workplace, Geometer’s Sketchpad, MiniTab, SPSS, and others to determine their value in illuminating concepts in the curriculum.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of and an ability to use representative programs from each of the following categories: A. Computer applications and tools such as word processing, data bases, graphics, spreadsheets, telecommunications, networking, and program languages. B. Computer-based technology assisted instruction and learning, such as simulations, demonstrations, tutorials, and drill and practice; and C. Teacher utility programs such as those for record keeping, generating instructional materials, and managing instruction.
- Identify criteria for evaluating the contributions of computer-based assisted instruction to problem-solving and concept development.
- Demonstrate the application and use of a computer-based technology as a tool to enhance the development of problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, or creative processes. Examples of such skills and processes are: gathering and analyzing data, generating and testing hypotheses, classifying, comparing and contrasting, inferring, evaluating, composing and designing.
- Demonstrate the integration of a computer-based application into instruction.
- Identify issues relevant to the use of computers in schools and in society, such as: health, equitable access regardless of gender, class, race; ethical concerns and national need.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences