The first part of a comprehensive two-month treatment of algebra and trigonometry preliminary to more specialized study in mathematics. The course covers higher degree polynomials, rational functions,exponential and logarithmic functions, transformations and the algebra of function, matrix algebra and basic arithmetic of complex numbers.
- Graph and extract information from graphs of polynomial, rational, exponential and logarithmic functions.
- Graph polynomial functions and use the graph to approximate irrational roots.
- Understand the concept of a matrix, solve systems of linear and non-linear equations and inequalities using techniques of graphing, Cramer’s Rule, determinants, matrices.
- Perform basic mathematical operations with complex numbers. Find complex solutions or certain equations.
- Identify, use notation and calculate sums and terms or arithmetic and geometric sequences.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences