Students select a viable topic in forensic science to research. Students meet with their instructor once a week for two months. Students will also be able to get guidance from the forensic lead faculty and other forensic staff throughout the entire process of the research. Grading is H, S, or U nly. Course is eligible for In Progress (IP) grade.
- Develop a research question.
- Formulate a testable research hypothesis.
- Conduct a literature review.
- Describe an appropriate research methodology to answer the research question.
- Collect and analyze data.
- Draw conclusions and make recommendations based on the available data.
- Make an oral presentation of research findings.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ethical issues surrounding the collection and reporting of research data.
- Understand the role research plays in the development of forensic science.
- Describe how diversity issues may influence choice of research topics, research methodology, and the application of research findings to the justice system.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences