Introduction to basic principles and techniques of fingerprints as applied to crime scenes, forensic evidence, identification, and court presentation. Methods of recognition, proper collection of known and latent fingerprints, processing, classification and comparison. Courtroom presentations will be discussed.
- Understand and demonstrate the basic principles and history of fingerprints.
- Understand and demonstrate the fingerprint patterns and how to apply to the Henry fingerprint classification system.
- The proper method of developing fingerprints from a verity of different surfaces.
- Understand the proper methods of entering fingerprints into Automated fingerprint systems.
- Understand the legal aspects of fingerprints.
- Understand requirements to present fingerprints in court.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences