Study of the properties and reactions of aromatic compounds, aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids, amines, and amides. In addition, students are introduced to the use of modern spectroscopic techniques to analyze and predict structures of organic molecules.
- Use modern chemical spectroscopic techniques to identify functional groups and to predict the skeleton structures of organic molecules
- Explain the important role of organic chemistry in life from both biological and economical perspectives.
- Identify properties and predict reactions aromatic compounds.
- Identify properties and predict reactions of aldehydes and ketones.
- Identify properties and predict reactions of carboxylic acids.
- Identify properties and predict reactions of amines and amides.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences