A continuation of CHE 360. This course concentrates on the principles of cellular regulatory processes and synthesis of biological molecules.
- Explain how the metabolism of glucose leads ultimately to the generation of large quantities of ATP.
- Describe how fats and amino acids are metabolized, and explain how they can be used for fuel.
- Describe the structure of DNA, and explain how it carries genetic information in its base sequence.
- Describe DNA replication.
- Describe RNA and protein synthesis.
- Explain how protein synthesis can be controlled at the level of transcription and translation.
- Explain how the catabolism and anabolism of biomolecules are regulated.
andlt;pandgt;Participate in all class activities, complete quizzes and exams as scheduled, and turn in all assignments on time. A midterm and a final are given in the class.nbsp; A research paper on any topics related to organic chemistry is required for successful completion of this course.nbsp; The topic of the research paper must be approved by the instructor.andlt;br /andgt;andlt;br /andgt;andlt;/pandgt;
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences