Introduces students to the chemistry of carbon compounds and their properties, structures and reactions. It emphasizes the study of the properties and reactions of aliphatic, halides, alcohols, esters, thiols and sulfides, and aromatic compounds, which in conjunction with selected experiments, gives an understanding of the mechanisms of organic reactions.
- Explain the bonding properties of carbon which result in a large and diverse important compounds
- Employ various theoretical models to correlate the chemical structure, reactivity, and activity.
- Identify properties and predict reactions halides.
- Identify properties and predict reactions of substituted alcohols
- Identify properties and predict reactions of ethers.
- Identify properties and predict reactions of thiols and sulfides.
- Identify properties and predict reactions of aromatic compounds.
andlt;pandgt;Participate in all class activities, complete quizzes and exams as scheduled, and turn in all assignments on time. A midterm and a final are given in the class.andlt;/pandgt;
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences