Examination of current topics in biology, including discussion of analysis and interpretation of results and data.
- Identify contemporary issues in biology, with attention to candidate topics for thesis research.
- Investigate a research question in peer-reviewed and primary biological literature.
- Evaluate peer-reviewed and primary biological literature, with attention to unresolved questions.
- Recognize how to study the topic of interest at hierarchical levels of biological organization: molecular, cellular, organismal, ecological, evolutionary.
- Communicate research findings in written and oral formats.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences