Morphology and physiology of multicellular organisms, particularly plants and animals. Concepts include plant structure and physiology, and comparative animal morphology and physiology. Intended for science majors.
- Describe structure and organization of major groups of plants.
- Explain nutrient intake and transport in plants.
- Describe reproductive structures and strategies in nonflowering and flowering plants.
- Discuss fundamental body structure and organization in animals.
- Describe different kinds of animal organ systems, including digestion, circulation, respiratory, sensory, skeletal, locomotory.
- Discuss reproduction and development in animals.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences