Students develop a proposal for thesis research in biology, incorporating fundamentals of research and experimental design and appropriate statistics. Students must present a thesis proposal to their thesis advisor before the end of the course.
- Propose original topic for thesis research, including testable hypotheses.
- Incorporate sound research and experimental design, centered on proposed research topic.
- Incorporate statistical analyses relevant to proposed topic.
- Identify alternative explanations or possible outcomes that may result from proposed research.
- Communicate research proposal in written form, with emphasis on underlying biological concepts, research design, and possible outcomes.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences