Global approach to the science of marine biology. Study of life in the marine environment and the structure and function of various marine ecosystems such as coral reefs, mangroves, and estuaries. Analysis and evaluation of the human impact on ocean ecology.
- Evaluate the chemical and physical features of seawater, ocean circulation, waves, and tides as they relate to the science of Marine Biology.
- Evaluate the ecological role of different species of bacteria, archaea, diatoms, dinoflagellates, protozoans and unicellular algae.
- Describe the classification and ecology of cnidarians, molluscs, arthropods, lophophorates, echinoderms, and hemichordates.
- Evaluate the morphology and behavior of different families and species of marine fishes.
- Analyze the taxonomy and physiological adaptations of sea turtles, pelagic birds and marine mammals.
- Analyze the structure and function of different marine ecosystems such as estuaries, intertidal, coral reefs and the epipelagic.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences