This course emphasizes techniques essential to cellular biology, including cell culturing, Western blotting, ELISA, and DNA, RNA, and protein extractions.
- Describe laboratory safety and proper procedures for research data collection.
- Interpret stained slides of eukaryotic cells using a light microscope.
- Establish pure cultures by using aseptic transfer and the streak technique.
- Prepare sterile culture media, cell cultures, and extracts (DNA, RNA, and protein).
- Purify and quantify DNA, RNA, and protein extractions.
- Perform mutagenic analyses.
- Purify and quantify proteins and perform western blotting using specific antibodies.
- Perform ELISA and/or Protein Array for cell signaling analyses.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences