This course looks at the role of external and biomechanical factors in athletic performance. Course content includes the biomechanics of athletic performance, linear and angular kinetics, the role of torque and force in athletic performance, and the risks associated with biomechanical stress in athletics.
- Discuss the relationship between anatomy and biomechanics in the study of human movement.
- Demonstrate knowledge of linear and angular kinetics.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of external forces and their effect on the body and movements in sport and exercise.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the biomechanics of bone, muscle, and connective tissue.
- Demonstrate knowledge of normal and pathological biomechanics of various parts of the body, including the shoulder, hip, and knee, as related to internal and external forces.
- Identify kinetic and biomechanical factors that reduce peak athletic performance.
- Demonstrate an understanding of torques and moments of force in athletic performance.
- Discuss the risks associated with biomechanical stress caused by athletic performance.
- Apply biomechanics and kinetic research from professional literature to case scenarios.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences