This laboratory course examines homeostasis in the heart, lungs, liver and kidneys, along with digestive, and urinary systems. Chromosomes, mitosis, meiosis, development and different types of inheritance through the testing of vision, hearing and taste and smell. Cat/fetal pig is used to study the internal organs.
- Identify structural components of the endocrine system.
- Analyze the anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular system, including pressure/volume relationships in the heart, as well as cardiac output, blood flow, and blood pressure physiology.
- Describe the components of the lymphatic and immune systems.
- Explain the anatomy and physiology of respiratory system.
- Describe the chemical nature of the human body, including digestion, energy requirements and homeostasis.
- Explain the anatomy and physiology of the urogenital system, including secretion, reabsorption, and filtration, excretion, and gamete formation.
Why Choose National University?
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences