Organ systems (endocrine, cardiovascular, lymphatic, respiratory, digestive, urinary and reproductive), and their functional relation to each other. Topics also include the aging process and diseases in these systems, as well as the effects of genetics, diet, lifestyle, and the environment.
- Explain mechanisms of signal transduction by the endocrine system.
- Describe the physiology of the cardiovascular system, including pressure/volume relationships in the heart, as well as cardiac output, blood flow, and blood pressure physiology.
- Identify the functions of blood components and their composition, also the value of human blood groups.
- Describe the functioning of the lymphatic and immune systems.
- Describe the physiology of the respiratory system, including gas laws as they pertain to lung ventilation and diffusion between the air and the blood.
- Describe the anatomy and functioning of the digestive system, including metabolism and nutrition.
- Explain the physiology of the renal system, including secretion, reabsorption, filtration, and excretion.
- Describe the anatomy and physiology of the male and female reproductive system.
Recommended: Prior completion of
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences