General Biology 2
General Biology 2
Evolution, taxonomy, biodiversity, ecology. Concepts include evolutionary processes, taxonomy and phylogeny of the kingdoms of life, and ecological processes at the levels of the population, community and ecosystem. Intended for science majors.
- Explain fundamental concepts of evolution, including microevolution, natural selection, speciation, and the history of life on Earth.
- Classify organisms according to the Linnean taxonomic system.
- Describe biodiversity and phylogeny of microscopic organisms, including prokaryotes, protists, and yeasts.
- Describe biodiversity and phylogeny of macroscopic fungi.
- Describe biodiversity and phylogeny of macroscopic algae and plants.
- Describe biodiversity and phylogeny of important invertebrate animal phyla, including sponges, cnidarians, flatworms, nematodes, molluscs, annelids, arthropods, and echinoderms.
- Describe biodiversity and phylogeny of vertebrate animals.
- Explain principles of ecology at the levels of the population, community, and ecosystem.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences